Thursday, March 22, 2007

Spring Training

Spring training has begun and baseball fans are getting a preview of what each team will look like this year. Spring training is the time where managers figure out what their players are made of. They put newcomers to the test to see if they have what it takes to perform in the big leagues and it also gives old timers a chance to get back into the swing of things. Players work on perfecting their swing, and try to get back in shape for the season. The uniforms are different this year. Each team has a bit of variation in their jerseys. I think they are pretty cool looking but some finatics say they've gone too far. I watched the cubs and the padres play today. Even though I hate the Cubs, they should be pretty decent this year. Hopefully my Cardinals can go pretty far this year too. They are the reigning world series champions. This year everyone is out to get us. We have a target on our backs. I think they have what it takes to go pretty far again. I don't expect them to win another world series this year, but I'm not saying it couldn't happen. I can't wait for the new season to kick off.

No comments: