Monday, March 19, 2007

first year of college

With my first year of college being more than half way over I thought i would write about how it has gone so far. Some expectations I had about college were how I thought they would be and some things were also very different than I had expected. College is definately a lot harder than i thought it would be. Everyone always told me it was easier than high school because you have so much free time. What they didn't say was how hard it was to keep yourself concentrated on school. There are many distractions in college and I have found it is easy to get sidetracked and forget what I'm actually here for. All in all my first year of college has been a great experience so far. I have began to learn a lot of things about myself and have been able to make new friends and become my own person. I love college. One regret I have however is not being able to hang out with all my friends back home. At first college was very overwhelming but now I feel at home here and enjoy it quite a bit. I think ISU was the perfect pick for me. It is a great school. It is a big school but it truly does have that small school feeling to it. I look forward to my next 3 years here.

No comments: